Projects of Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic
QJ1310219 Wheat with specific starch composition and features for food and non-food purposes.
QJ1210257 Improvement of nutritional, dietetic and sensory properties of domestic, alternative and small-scale cereals and their mill products by technological processes with use of fermentative effect of lactic acid bacteria.
Technology Agency of the Czech Republic
TA03010625 New materials and technology for development of multiplex test for complex diagnostics in medicine and food allergens detection
Food TIP – ProjeCt HighTech Europe
Projects of Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic
Cooperating organizations and institutions
Cooperation at national level
In research projects the institute cooperates with:
1. research institutions and universities
- Agricultural Research, Ltd.
- AGRITEC, Research, Breeding & Services, s.r.o.
- Agrotest fyto, s.r.o.
- Charles University, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové
- Crop Research Institute
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Faculty of Engineering
- Hop Research Institute, Ltd.
- Faculty Hospital, Hradec Králové
- Immunotech, Plc.
- Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM) in Prague
- Institute of Agricultural Economics and Information
- Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology
- Institute of Microbiology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Institute of Systems Biology and Ecology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Medicine
- Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Agronomy, Faculty of Horticulture
- MILCOM, Plc. (Dairy Research Institute, Prague)
- OSEVA PRO Ltd.
- Research and Breeding Institute of Pomology Holovousy Ltd.
- Research Institute for Fodder Crops, Ltd. Troubsko
- Research Institute of Agricultural Engineering
- Research Institute of Animal Production
- Research Institute of Brewing and Malting, Plc.
- Tomas Bata University in Zlin
- University of South Bohemia, České Budějovice
- Veterinary Research Institute, Brno
- VUC Praha a.s.
2. entrepreneurial entities
- Adler Wellness Produkte s.r.o.
- AGRA GROUP s.r.o.
- AMR AMARANTH, a.s.
- Beskyd Fryčovice, a.s.
- C2P, s.r.o.
- CANNABIS, s.r.o.
- Extrudo Bučice
- HEMP PRODUCTION, s.r.o.
- INOTEX spol. s r.o.
- Jizerské pekárny, spol. s r.o.
- Karlova pekárna s.r.o.
- Milan Libich
- Parenteral a.s.
- PRO-BIO, obchodní spol. s r.o.
- RUDOLF JELÍNEK a.s.
- SEDIUM RD s.r.o.
- SUNFOOD s.r.o.
- TEREZIA COMPANY s.r.o.
- Vinařství Valtice s.r.o.
- Zámecké sady Chrámce
3. medical workplaces
- IMUMED s.r.o.
- MUDr. Radek Klubal
- National Institute of Public Health
- Czech Technology Platform – Food for Life
- Center for Coeliac Diet, civil association
- Federation of Foods and Drinks Industries CR
- Coeliac Association CR
- Consumers Defence Association
- Czech Agriculture and Food Inspection Authority
- State Veterinary Institute in Jihlava
- Scientific Committee for GMO
- Scientific Committee of Phytosanitary
- A South Bohemian cluster. „It tastes great, in a South Bohemian way“
4a) Cooperation with the Czech Technological Platform for Foodstuffs
Institute participates on the activity of working group “Barley”.
Very valuable common activity is the operation of interactive databaze of glutenfree food
4b) cooperation with Globus
Institute is engaged in regular analyses of glutenfree foodproducts from the Globus chain
4c) Cooperation with the scientifical boards
Institute works out expert opinions.
Participation on the activities of expert bodies and committees
The Institute´s professionals participated in the activities of the following bodies and institutions:
The institute is represented in the following international boards and committees
- Association of pressure appliance operators
- Eucarpia – European Association for plant research
- Committee D1 Food Storage in International Cooling Institute
- Committee for Healthy Food and Fodder OECD
- Editorial Board of International Journal of Food Properties
- Editorial Board of Journal of Food Engineering
- Editorial Board of the Czech Journal of Food Sciences
Participation on the activities of expert national bodies and committees
- Agrarian Chamber of Prague, Executive Board
- Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Chairmen´s Board, Advisory Board
- Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Section of food technology and engineering
- Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Section of human nutrition and food quality
- Czech Biotechnological Society, National Committee
- Czech Committee for Food Sciences and Technologies (at the Czech Academy of Sciences)
- Czech Food Society
- Czech Chemical Society, Expert Group for Fermentation Chemistry and Bioengineering
- Czech Chemical Society, Expert Group for Food and Agricultural Chemistry
- Czech Chemical Society, Expert Group for Rheology
- Czech National Committee for cooperation with the International Institute of Refrigeration (at the Ministry of Industry and Trade)
- Czech Technological Platform for Foods – respresentative of the priority Food quality
- Society for Nutrition, Prague and Central Bohemia Branch Committees
- Board of Directors of the Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Council of the Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Section for organic foods of the Federation of the Food and Drink Industries of the Czech Republic
- Society for Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Assessing commission for applications for granting the national grade lavel KLASA
- Assessing committee for the programme of rural development
- Ministry of Agriculture, Value board for extraordinary results in research and development, Board of Research Program, Value commission of subprograms
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Assessing committee for the National programme of the research No.II, chamber 2B
- Czech Science Foundation – panel P503 – Food science, ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry
- Technology Agency of the Czech Republic – advisory committee of subprogramme 2 of programme Alpha
- Assessing committee for product assessment for granting the “Česká chuťovka“ quality label
- Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Board for the terminological dictionary
- Editorial Board of the journal Nutrition and Food
- Interbranch commission for iodine deficit solution
- Ministry of Agriculture, Group for Cereals, Oilseeds and Starch
- Research Institute of Professional Education, Food Science section
Teaching, educational and consulting activities
The institute has also been committed to a long-term teaching cooperation with Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Technical University in Prague and Czech University of Life Sciences Prague in lecturing and in supervising or consulting diploma works and dissertations. One employee of the institute is a lecturer at University, the Faculty of Medicine and one employee at Czech Technical University, one employee at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (courses for foreign students).
The institute is represented in:
- Mechanical Faculty of the Czech Technical University Prague, State Examining Commitee for doctoral thesis in the field Construction of production machinery, section of chemistry and food industry machinery,
- Mechanical Faculty of the Czech Technical University Prague, State Examining Commitee for State Final Examinations in study field Machinery for chemistry, food and consumer industries
- Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Examining Commitee for diploma works in the field of food chemistry
- Charles University, 3th Medical Faculty, State final examinations board
- Board of Scientists of the Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague
- Board of Scientists of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Life Sciences Prague
- Board of Scientists of the Dairy Research Institute
As a part of educational activities the institute organized, or co-organized, the following events:
- Workshop “Theory and practice of water activity measurement and its significance for increasing
food safety” Prague, March and November 2011 (CTPF)
- XLIth Symposium on new trends in food processing and evaluation, Skalský Dvůr, May 2011 (coorganizer)
- The 23rd IIR International Congress of Refrigeration, August 21. – 26. 2011, Praque, Czech Republic
As a part of educational activities, the institute‘s researchers spoke at specialized events:
- 6th Celiac Forum, Prague, April 2011
- Postgraduate courses in obesitology, EU Prague, November 2011 (subject Food Table)
- Workshop on the World Food Day, Prague, October 2011
- Food Tuesday Czech Food Society, May 2011, thema Food Myths
- Fats Seminary, May 2011, thema Myths on Food and Nutrition
- The Ingr Days, Brno, March 2011, thema Myths on Food and Nutrition
- “Food Safety, Quality and Nutrition Course”, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, August 2011
Consultancy is an integral part of institutional activities. The institute‘s specialists currently provide consulting and advisory services to interested industries and companies on problems related to research topics of respective laboratories. Minor consulting is provided free of charge. Extensive consulting activities are carried out in the realm of integrated prevention and pollution control (IPPC). The institute‘s professionals became a part of the information system of the Institute of agricultural and food information called INFOPULT, which helps to find answers to questions asked by the general public. The database of food products for gluten free diet, which is accessible from the web site of the institute, can be also considered as one of the advisory services provided.